Tuesday, September 27, 2011

5 Grain Flax Flatbread Pizza

When I lived in Albuquerque, I befriended a wonderful Brazilian family, the Biancos.  They had four beautiful daughters who, along with their mother, had gorgeous skin.  I once asked, "What is the secret to your perfect skin?"  Mrs. Bianco's response:  flax seed.  The Bianco women drank a spoonful of flax seed oil each morning. 

Over the years, I've tried to implement dishes which include flax seed into my diet.  This includes boiling the seeds in my tea and tossing raw seeds on salads.  Recently, I discovered Foldit Artisan Flatbreads - 5 Grain Flax.  http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/foldit-artisan-flatbread/  These flatbreads are great for sandwiches and homemade pizza.

I wanted to share my delicious, healthy, and affordable 5 Grain Flax Flatbread Pizza recipe today.

Flatbread Pizza with Tzatziki Sauce

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spread a low-calorie pizza sauce of your choice over the flatbread, avoiding the edges.
  3. Add freshly sliced mozzarella to taste, avoiding edges because cheese will melt.  (I haven't used shredded mozzarella, but I'm sure it would work also.)
  4. Add fresh basil. 
  5. Add toppings of choice, such as organic pepperoni slices.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes.
  7. Serve.  
This flatbread pizza is served with Tzatziki Sauce. 

I always loved pizza with Tzatziki Sauce at The Slice in Evansville, so I tried to match that flavor in this meal.  Here is a pretty good recipe for the sauce:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/tzatziki-sauce/detail.aspx.  It uses yogurt instead of sour cream, so it's healthier.  For even fewer calories, consider using plain Greek Yogurt.  I only eat Greek Yogurt and love it.

I hope you enjoy this pizza with your family!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment